Projects in Professional Communications
Preparation for communication in the modern workplace
Develops students’ confidence and competence in workplace communications through project-based activities in interpersonal, problem solving, group, and presentation settings. Each project provides opportunities for independent work; presentation practice; and lively, collaborative discussions in whole class, small group, and peer settings.
A Companion Website features open-source videos, reproducible activities, interactive career surveys, and other useful resources.
Program Features & Resources
Effective, Lifelong Communication
- communications basics.
- effective interpersonal communication.
- problem solving.
- productive group interactions.
- developing and delivering presentations.
- finding and evaluating sources.
- putting technology to work in oral, written, and digital presentations.
Students dive into relevant issues that will matter in their professional lives, such as
- the interview process.
- social and ethical responsibilities in communications.
- solving problems and managing conflict.
- gender and cultural communication differences.
- communication careers.
The Teacher Package provides planning guidance and instructional support.
- Teacher’s Wraparound Edition includes teaching and pacing suggestions, strategies for differentiating instruction, cross-curricular activities—even activities for the substitute teacher (print edition and digital access).
- Teacher ToolKit contains blackline masters of related activities and assessment for each chapter (print edition and digital access).
- Classroom presentation tools include hundreds of PowerPoint slides for content reinforcement of chapter concepts.
- ExamView® test generator allows teachers to generate and score tests.
- Companion Website features open-source videos, reproducible activities, interactive career surveys, and other useful resources.
- ELL Teacher Resource offers support for academic vocabulary with text frames, graphic organizers, and suggestions for purposeful groupings and cooperative learning (digital access).