English Language Arts
Review and practice of Common Core State Standards prepares students for new state, PARCC, and Smarter Balanced assessments
Diagnostic Tryout Test—standards-based questions determine students’ strengths and weaknesses and guide individual instruction.
Comprehensive coverage—all standards are covered in depth.
Authentic texts—lessons are built on well-regarded fiction and informational excerpts and complete works, many featuring Exemplar texts and Exemplar authors.
Close reading—students return to the selections to offer textual evidence to substantiate their answers.
Writing in response to reading—students demonstrate a deep understanding of selections by using textual evidence to write about what they have read.
Progress monitoring—unit practice tests assess skills practiced and reviewed.
Mastery Test—standards-based questions mirror those on CCSS assessments to measure progress and skill mastery.
Includes an answer key for the Tryout Test, all unit problems, and the Mastery Test; skills charts; Common Core State Standards per grade level; and useful tips for the teacher.
Follow the four steps to success
- questions match those found on new state, PARCC, and Smarter Balanced assessments
- students document scores on the Tryout Text Skills Chart to determine specific skills for review and practice
- identifies skill gaps
Units feature lessons based on new state standards and CCSS
- questions based on authentic fiction and informational texts provide guided review of each standard
- lessons focus on the deep understanding of the texts to meet the rigor of the standards and new tests
Lessons are built on authentic selections, many featuring Exemplar texts and Exemplar authors.
Students return to the selection to
- answer standards-based questions
- offer textual evidence to substantiate their answers
- write in response to their reading as evidence of understanding
An extensive Writing Test Workshop features
- individual sections on Argumentative, Informative, Narrative, and Research Report writing
- how to read a writing test prompt
- model student essays
Both comprehensive and lesson-level tests assess each standard and measure progress and skill mastery.
THIS PROGRAM IS SOLD ONLY TO EDUCATORS AND SENT TO SCHOOL OR DISTRICT ADDRESSES ONLY.
1-10 of 16
Student Book (Set of 10)22339$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)22340$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)22341$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)22342$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)22343$79.95