Mathematics - Second Edition
Review and practice of Common Core State Standards prepares students for new state, PARCC, and Smarter Balanced assessments
Diagnostic Tryout Test—standards-based questions determine students’ strengths and weaknesses and guide individual instruction.
Comprehensive coverage—all standards are covered in depth.
Scaffolded Review—step-by-step boxes model strategies for solving problems.
Performance-Based Tasks—Unit Application lessons guide students through multi-step problems based on two or more standards to prepare them for the rigor of the assessments.
Mathematical Practices—identified for the performance-based applications with support provided in the Teacher’s Guide.
Progress Monitoring—unit practice tests assess skills practiced and reviewed.
Mastery Test—standards-based questions mirror those on CCSS assessments to measure progress and skill mastery.
Includes an answer key for the Tryout Test, all unit problems, and the Mastery Test; skills charts; Common Core State Standards per grade level; and useful tips for the teacher.
Follow the four steps to success
- questions match those found on new state, PARCC, and Smarter Balanced assessments
- students document strengths and weaknesses on the Tryout Test Skills Chart to determine specific skills for review and practice
- identifies skill gaps
Units feature skill lessons based on new state standards and CCSS.
- lessons focus on concept, procedure, fluency, and application
- Unit Application lessons guide students in solving multi-step, performance-based problems
- Mathematical Practices are identified for Unit Application lessons
Authentic, independent practice of each skill.
- questions feature application of math skills to everyday problems
- includes selected-response, short answer, and constructed response questions
- questions ask students to show their work and explain their thinking
- specific, multi-step practice with scaffolding removed follows Unit Application lessons
- teacher support for applying mathematical practices
Both comprehensive and lesson-level tests assess each standard and measure progress and skill mastery.
- lesson tests
- full-length Mastery Test
THIS PROGRAM IS SOLD ONLY TO EDUCATORS AND SENT TO SCHOOL OR DISTRICT ADDRESSES ONLY.
1-10 of 12
Student Book (Set of 10)05087$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)05094$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)05117$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)05180$79.95
Student Book (Set of 10)05250$79.95