Mastering Competitive Debate
The must-have basics for all competitive debate formats
Current information about all competitive debate formats make this text a must for your students. The content focuses on policy debate, with additional chapters covering Lincoln-Douglas debate, student congress, mock trial, parliamentary debate, and public forum debate. 346 pages.
A digital Student Edition features six-year online access.
- Each chapter begins with student objectives based on National Communcation Association standards as well as individual state standards. Clear examples and graphics throughout the text help debaters understand
- debate history and theory
- debate ethics
- traditional and electronic research
- Chapter overviews include student objectives, key vocabulary, and an introduction.
- Charts and organizers enhance learning.
- chapter activities for individuals, teams, or the entire class
- chapter quizzes and answer keys
- preparation for tournaments
- tournament management
- grading strategies
- sample ballots
- a bibliography and resource list