Basic Drama Projects
The best-selling project-based theatre text
Perfect for both beginning and advanced theatre and technical theatre courses—students are actively involved in learning, a must in a drama course. 642 pages.
- step-by-step guidelines for a presentation project in every chapter
- complete coverage of theatre basics, technical theatre, elements of acting, creating a character, producing, directing, playwriting, and more
- spotlight on national standards such as personal creativity, the role of theatre in society, and the rich contributions of diverse cultures to both global and American theatre
- reflects dynamic changes in film, television, and electronic media resulting from the impact of digital technology
- exciting features on cultural heritage, the language of theatre, and historical timelines
- covers careers in and outside of theatre and the usefulness of theatrical experience in higher education
Annotated Teacher’s Edition
An extensive wraparound Teacher’s Edition includes a reproduction of the Student Edition surrounded by support materials contributed by drama teachers—teaching tips, individual and group activities, writing prompts, and substitute teacher lesson plans.
Teacher Resource Binder with ExamView
This binder is full of activities that extend and assess student learning. More than 150 blackline masters provide introductory activities for the Student Edition, standards-aligned activities and project support, peer evaluation, chapter and unit quizzes, and cornerstone assessments. ExamView provides easy scoring of all chapter and unit tests.