Page to Stage: Plays from Classic Literature
Perfect for the drama or literature classroom
Nothing brings a classroom alive more than the use of drama. This breakthrough approach to literature study uses drama as a means to provide students with a deeper, richer understanding of a text. The plays can also be presented as informal classroom productions. Both literature and drama teachers alike will relish the enjoyment their students will have with this creative collection! 464 pages.
- Flexible design—use the plays before or after reading the original work.
- Pre-reading activities focus on the background and literary elements of the play and create context.
- Comparison of the original text to the play highlights each playwright's craft.
- After-reading discussion questions and literary skill activities help students respond both critically and creatively.
- Performance activities throughout the book get students actively involved.
- a plot summary
- teaching suggestions and responses for all student activities and discussion questions and activities
- tips for helping students perform the play
- extensive media resources, including internet sites
- play quizzes and answer keys