Projects in Professional Communications
Help students prepare for the demands of communication in today's workplace
A comprehensive overview of professional communications—its history, the role of technology, ethics and responsibilities, the economic foundations of the communications industry, and a chance to determine where students’ interests lie.
Engaging, learn-by-doing projects help students gain mastery of workplace communications skills as they explore
- communications careers
- purposes and ethics of professional communications
- effective interpersonal communication
- productive group interactions and problem solving
- understanding purpose, audience, and occasion
- finding and evaluating sources
- putting technology to work in oral, written, and digital presentations
- FREE Companion Website—this open-source site includes videos, reproducible activities, interactive career surveys, and other useful resources to support students and teachers
A digital Student Edition features six-year online access.
- A Teacher’s Wraparound Edition includes teaching and pacing suggestions, strategies for differentiating instruction, cross-curricular activities—even activities for the substitute teacher.
- A Teacher Resource Binder with blackline masters of related activities and assessment for each chapter.
- ExamView® software that allows teachers to generate and score tests.
- Classroom presentation tools include PowerPoint slides for content reinforcement of chapter concepts.