Words to Go! Words to Know!
A middle school vocabulary program for active learning
These lively and appealing student workbooks are a refreshing approach to learning new vocabulary words. The humor- and fun-filled activities provide a memorable context for new words. Students will remain actively engaged in every lesson.
A Know-How section at the beginning of each student workbook directly teaches important vocabulary strategies, such as using
- base words, roots, prefixes, and suffixes
- context clues
- prior knowledge
Consistent Lesson Design
Multiple exposures to each new word are woven into each seven-step lesson.
- a definitional and contextual context is provided for each new word
- six varied activities provide practice for each new word
- antonyms and synonyms, matching, true/false, sentence completion, rhymes, analogies, word forms, fill-in-the-blank, and more
Review and Assessment
- a review after every five lessons helps students retain word meanings
- Word Fun features allow students to internalize meanings through humor
- Student Test Booklets contain lesson, unit, and whole book tests
- extensive introduction to the program
- word histories, word parts, and usage facts
- fun whole-class activities
- answers to all exercises
- answers to all tests in the Test Booklets
1-10 of 12