Grammar in Practice
All the grammar basics students need to succeed
This three-book series offers instruction, review, and practice in the basics of grammar, mechanics, and composition. Concepts build on one another, from the parts of speech through paragraph composition. Upon completion of the series, students will have the tools necessary to write polished compositions.
Teachers can pick and choose lessons, work through from beginning to end, or use the book as a homework resource.
- scaffolded, easy-to-read instruction introduces and explains key concepts
- workbook-style exercises let students practice applying lesson concepts
- ample practice to prepare for the SAT, ACT, or state tests
- practical hints and tips provide support for struggling students
- an ELL Focus feature explains challenging concepts to non-native English speakers
- integration of writing for applying grammar and usage instruction
- end-of-lesson test and a comprehensive final test
Focuses on the parts of speech, grammar rules, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling. 222 pages.
Offers expanded instruction on grammar, common usage errors, and using different kinds of sentences. 203 pages.
Sentences and Paragraphs
Shows students how to pull together their grammar and usage skills to write strong, engaging sentences and paragraphs. 211 pages.