Dynamic activity books that connect grammar and writing for all levels of learners, including ELL students
Thousands of teachers have benefited from Image Grammar workshops taught by Harry Noden, and they've demanded that these books be developed. Now the concept of connecting grammar and writing through an artist's "brush strokes," musical rhythm, and a photographer's "zoom lens" is available in student workbooks with extensive teacher support materials. A unique, useful, and concrete way to use grammatical concepts to improve student writing!
The middle school handbook features
- step-by-step instruction to give students consistent support
- more examples of each concept to reinforce learning
- writing models from authors typically read in middle school
- review games that make learning more interactive and enjoyable
- Teaches a step-by-step approach that students enjoy because they actually see the connection between grammar and writing
- Using grammatical brush strokes, students learn to write with an artist's eye and an editor's perception.
- Provides abundant opportunities for students to practice and apply what they have learned.
- Includes lessons on the most common grammatical errors that account for 91 percent of mistakes in student papers.
- Designed to provide teachers with classroom-tested strategies.
Teacher Guide and PowerPoint Lessons
Includes explanations, examples, and additional images for every lesson in the Student Activity Book.
To extend instruction, an easy-to-use CD PowerPoint presentation provides additional visual commentary and clarification to share with students.
Includes a Teacher Guide, CD-ROM, and 10 Student Activity Books.
Harry R. Noden
In his 30 years as an English teacher, Harry Noden has taught every grade from seventh through college, with the bulk of his experience in middle school. He has conducted workshops on his unique style of writing instruction in 37 differenct countries to over 8,000 teachers. He is currently teaching at Kent State University.