Reading and Writing Nonfiction
Remedial instruction of informational literacy skills
This workbook series is designed for secondary students who need focused review and practice of essential literacy skills. Nonfiction reading passages are accompanied by guided reading questions that develop comprehension.
Each book contains two sections, Composition and Language
Skill practice, writing assignments, and language exercises are organized to allow instruction and practice for basic, intermediate, and advanced students.
- process writing addressed in every lesson
- guided reading questions for all passages
- formal and informal writing practice
- grammar, word usage, and sentence instruction and practice
- activities on different levels of difficulty to differentiate instruction
- tactile and oral grammar activities
- identify level of activities and exercises in the student book
- provide answers for all activities and exercises