Retold Tales® Literature
Adapted cultural tales and classic literature to support your curriculum
Designed for secondary students who read below grade level, Retold novels and anthologies align with the works most often taught in language arts classes. 80–280 pages
- authentic adaptations maintain the voice, style, and overall meaning of the original text
- comprehension support allows students to participate in discussion and activities with students reading the original work
- accessible literature parallels commonly taught American, British, and world literature; novels; and myths and folktales
- carefully simplified vocabulary
- long sentences and paragraphs are divided into manageable portions
- challenging words are identified and defined
- allusions and references are explained
- myth and folktale anthologies provide information about the cultural group represented in each selection
Reproducible activities develop your students' reading, writing, vocabulary, and literacy skills. Approximately 30 to 70 activities per Teacher Resource.
"I am extremely pleased with your Retold Classic Novels and your Parallel Text for Shakespeare. These materials allow the students to interact with stories they would have had difficulty with."
High School Department Liaison, Sparta High School, Sparta, New Jersey
"The Retold Classics, Myths, etc. have been favorites especially with my reluctant readers."
Middle School Teacher, Panama City, Florida