Contemporary Chemistry: The Physical Setting
Maximize understanding of fundamental concepts in chemistry
Theoretical aspects of chemistry are emphasized and often presented within a laboratory-based context, and applied to everyday experiences—a useful and realistic balance among the theoretical, descriptive, and practical aspects of chemistry.
- carefully-selected, logically-organized content makes for a shortened introductory chemistry course
- each chapter begins with a concise description of the chapter’s purpose, content, and learning objectives
- new vocabulary is introduced in easy-to-read language
- step-by-step solutions are followed by problem sets that enhance newly acquired skills
- Taking a Closer Look presents additional or in-depth information for students who wish to pursue a topic in greater detail
- end-of-chapter multiple-choice questions and constructed-response questions allow students to review and assess chapter content
- Chemistry Challenge section consists of SAT Subject Test-type questions
Includes lesson plans with a grid that lists possible lesson titles, reading assignments, and homework assignments following the introduction. An Answer Key is provided.