Contemporary Chemistry: The Physical Setting
Maximize understanding of fundamental concepts in chemistry with repetition and reinforcement
Theoretical aspects of chemistry are emphasized and often presented within a laboratory-based context, and applied to everyday experiences—a useful and realistic balance among the theoretical, descriptive, and practical aspects of chemistry.
- carefully-selected, logically-organized content makes for a shortened introductory chemistry course
- each chapter begins with a concise description of the chapter’s purpose, content, and learning objectives
- new vocabulary is introduced in easy-to-read language
- sample solutions to all types of chemistry problems are provided; practice sets to enhance newly acquired skills follow most sample problems
- Taking a Closer Look presents additional or in-depth information for students who wish to pursue a topic in greater detail
- multiple-choice questions at the end of each chapter enable students to review and assess their grasp of the chapter’s content; some chapters are followed by a constructed-response question
- Chemistry Challenge consists of SAT Subject Test-type questions
Includes lesson plans with a grid that lists possible lesson titles, reading assignments, and homework assignments following the introduction. An Answer Key is provided.