Reviewing Chemistry: The Physical Setting
A complete review of a high school course in chemistry in preparation for the New York Regents exams and other state end-of-course assessments
Specifically geared to meet the needs of students who want to refresh their memory and review chemistry material in preparation for final exams. Readily correlated with the standard textbooks for high school level chemistry. 198 pages.
- covers the physical behavior of matter, atomic concepts, nuclear chemistry, chemical bonding, kinetics and equilibrium, oxidation and reduction, organic chemistry, and more
- reviews the measurement, mathematical, and laboratory skills all students should master in one year of high school chemistry
- chapter review questions include test recall and understanding of major principles; constructed response questions test students’ ability to apply what they have learned
- more than 1,000 questions can be used for topic review throughout the year, as well as for exams and homework assignments
- illustrations and particle diagrams illuminate and reinforce the subject matter
- Science, Technology, and Society features explore current, thought-provoking issues in chemistry, technology, and society; reading comprehension, constructed response, and research questions at the end of each feature encourage students to identify and evaluate the issues, then make decisions about the impact of science and technology on society, the environment, and their lives
- the final chapter consists of brief descriptions found in each table of the Reference Tables for Chemistry followed by examples of questions based on that table
- recent New York State Regents examinations are provided to test students' competency and readiness
- The Physical Behavior of Matter; Atomic Concepts; Nuclear Chemistry; Chemical Bonding; Kinetics and Equilibrium; Oxidation and Reduction; Organic Chemistry; and more
An Answer Key is available.
Student Edition1351801Aligned with the standards of the New York State Physical Setting-Chemistry Core Curriculum and follows the scope and sequence published by the New York City Department of Education. Learn More$12.95
Answer Key CD14548$6.00
Please allow two to three weeks for delivery.