- Age-appropriate yet accessible text.
- Limited vocabulary and simple sentences support striving readers.
- Ideal for general reading, as part of a more structured reading program, or with striving readers or ESL students.
- Introduces basic nonfiction text features—tables, maps, photographs, headings, and more.
- Colorful, attention-grabbing design and varied formats.
- A Word Check at the end of each book highlights critical vocabulary to remember.
- 36 pages.
Each title is supported by eight scaffolded worksheets. The first two worksheets are for students experiencing the greatest difficulties, while the last two worksheets are more challenging in both vocabulary and content.
- Check students' understanding of the student books.
- Provide structures to encourage writing.
- Offer varied tasks.
- Ensure accessibility by using vocabulary from the books.
- Encourage research.