Student Books (Print & Digital)
Research-based word lists are grouped to reflect common and consistent spelling patterns based on sound-letter relationships, word structures, and content area. Research has shown that students who are taught to recognize spelling generalizations among words show more spelling success.
- Activities integrate spelling practice with standards-based skills for reading and language arts.
- Research-based spelling lists reflect the words most commonly found in students' reading and writing.
- Differentiated word lists for students of all abilities.
- Review units apply learning and assess learning transfer.
- Integrated handwriting support for grades 1–3.
- A Spelling Dictionary at each level provides a grade-appropriate dictionary reference for all spelling words with plenty of visual support.
- A Writer's Guide in each Student Book provides support for unit language arts activities, all within a quick-reference handbook design. Sections include spelling rules, grammar and usage terms and examples, and support for all writing assignments with key terms and grade-appropriate examples.
- A Spelling Thesaurus builds vocabulary skills.
Introduce the spelling concept with activities from the Teacher Edition, read and discuss the unit words, and remember the concept using Remember This.
Practice the spelling words using the spelling concept.
Integrate the spelling words with a variety of language, reading, and writing activities. Addresses state standards.
Apply the spelling concept independently to the differentiated word lists.
Assess spelling ability, enrich with activities for both classroom and home, and reteach students needing extra assistance.