217 Leveled Texts
8-page books cover Guided Reading Levels A/B through D/E and Lexile Levels BR through 460.
- Grade 1
16-page books cover Guided Reading Levels F/G through I/J and Lexile Levels BR through 750.
- Grade 2
24-page books cover Guided Reading Levels J/K through N/O and Lexile Levels 420 through 820.
- Grades 3-5
24-40 page books cover Guided Reading Levels M/N through U and Lexile Levels 750 through 960.
- Grades 5-8
32-48 page books cover Guided Reading Levels T through Z and Lexile Levels 720 through 1040.
- In-depth, yet accessible explanations of science topics.
- Science topics aligned with state standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Experiments using the scientific method.
- Introduction to scientists of significance.
- Focus on technology advancements.
Informational Reading Skills Features
- Headings, subheadings, photos, timelines, charts, and more.
- Develops technical vocabulary.
- Introduces various expository text structures.
- Provides practice of critical informational reading skills.
- Develops informational reading skills, including
—cause and effect
—relating visuals to text
—compare and contrast
FREE Teaching Support
All purchases of print or eBooks include access to title-specific teacher resources.
Includes eBook editions of all Reading Essentials in Science titles and title-specific teacher support.
All teachers, all students—unlimited building access for one year.
Includes one softcover copy of each title in a set and FREE teacher resources.
Individual titles are sold in softcover 6-packs conveniently packaged in a storage bag.