- identifying main idea and supporting detail
- making generalizations
- determining cause and effect
- drawing conclusions
- recognizing inferences
- using context clues
- handy chart allows students to easily calculate their words-per-minute reading speed
Prepare for State and National Tests
- The open-ended and multiple-choice questions and end-of-unit tests match the format of state and standardized tests.
- Graphic organizers and writing prompts ask students to compare and draw conclusions from several selections.
- National and state language arts standards are reflected in the skill activities at the end of each selection and unit.