Spanish Years 1–4
The most comprehensive review of Spanish language available!
Brief, clear explanations of grammatical structures are followed by exercises moving from simple assimilation to more challenging manipulation of elements and communication. Each level aligns with ACTFL’s Five C goal areas and provides an in-depth review of grammatical topics, word study, and Spanish civilizations and culture. Exercises provide extensive oral practice as well as reinforcement through written responses including English-to-Spanish exercises intended to sharpen writing skills. The topical organization allows teachers maximum classroom flexibility.
Carefully controlled vocabulary ensures content comprehension as students practice and apply grammatical structures.
Comprehensive assessments include interpretive communication, interpersonal writing and speaking, presentation writing and speaking.
Spanish Four Years features_ an AP® Spanish Language and Culture practice exam, portfolio assessments, and authentic literature excerpts.
Program Features & Resources
Years 1 to 3 are available in two different formats
These consumable worktexts provide write-on lines for student practice and comprehension.
Review Text Format
These 6" x 9" Review Texts are designed for ease of study and reference in a proficiency-oriented communicative approach.
Spanish Four Years: Advanced Spanish With AP® Component
- Master the linguistic and cultural content needed to achieve advanced-level proficiency in Spanish.
- Encourages students' independent exploration and learning to help them become lifelong learners of Spanish. Perfect for a full-year Spanish course or as a supplement in preparation for the current AP® Spanish exam.
- Prepares students for the AP® Spanish Language and Culture Test.
- A review of grammar through various types of exercises based on authentic language materials.
- Includes portfolio/authentic assessment exercises.
- Provides a timeline of Spanish/Spanish American history and literature.
- Includes guidelines for stress and accent marks, word building, and verbs and Spanish/English and English/Spanish glossaries.
Teacher Package for Spanish Years 1-3
- Testing chapters in the student edition include exercises highlighting ACTFL's three modes of communication—interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational.
- A Mastery Exercise in each chapter offers grammar practice and may be used as a chapter test.
- A separate Answer Key is available for educators.
Teacher Package for Spanish Four Years
- The companion audio program with voices of native speakers reinforces language skills and comprehensive testing skills. Reflects the current AP® Spanish Language and Culture Test. A script is included in the Answer Key.
- The Answer Key includes answers to all practice exercises and chapter assessments and provides detailed answers to free-response questions. Also contains a printed audio script.