Vocabulary for the High School Student
Comprehensive vocabulary development
Give students a major boost to their vocabulary with this rigorous vocabulary program designed to build familiarity and usage of over 1,000 words.
Modular design gives teachers flexibility to address five topical areas
- learning new words from context
- building vocabulary through central ideas
- deriving words from various languages (Greek, Latin, Anglo-Saxon roots and prefixes)
- expanding vocabulary through derivatives
- understanding word relationships and analogies
Varied exercises support common learning standards such as concise expression, close reading, and composition skills. Additional practice opportunities include synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, analogies, and writing exercises to reinforce students’ command of new vocabulary.