By the People: Debating American Government
Challenge students to engage with, think about, and debate the history, structure, and function of 21st-century U.S. government and politics with this college-level program for your Advanced Placement classroom
Comprehensive coverage of all topic areas for the AP® United States Government and Politics course.
- each chapter begins with a compelling story about unique individuals that underscores the theme of the chapter
- four key questions spark engagement and debate—Who governs? How does our system of government work? What does government do? and Who are we?
- By the Numbers boxes contain fun facts and help frame the complex reality of American politics and government
- Comparing Nations boxes discuss how other nations operate their courts, legislatures, media, and elections and help students understand what is vital and distinctive about the United States
- See For Yourself features enable students to connect with a smart phone to videos and other interactive online content
- Bottom Line Summaries reinforce important concepts within each chapter section
- Chapter Summaries, Key Terms, and Study Questions reach beyond the facts and figures to enhance student understanding
- FREE Student Companion Website provides Flashcards, Web Activities/Links, Quizzes, and Interactive Media Activities
- FREE Instructor Ancillary Resource Center offers the teacher a comprehensive Instructor Manual, Test Bank interactive media activities, and PowerPoint presentation resources