A college-level course that examines how human behavior transforms the earth’s surface in response to changing social, cultural, and political needs
Comprehensive coverage of all topic areas for the AP® Human Geography course.
- historical coverage of human geography helps students understand the origins and evolutions of the discipline and provides insight into its future
- a thematic approach provides context through three recurring themes—Humans and Land, Regional Studies, and Spatial Analysis
- international examples throughout offer students a global perspective on human geography
- Around the Globe explores topics such as the World Trade Organization and flooding in Bangladesh, offering students a global perspective on human geography
- Focus on Geographers highlights notable geographers in the field and their ground-breaking research
- Examining the Issues examines key theoretical areas such as environmental determinism and psychogeography
- In the News draws students’ attention to current events that relate to human geography, such as “Social Media and the London 2011 Riots”
- FREE Student Companion Website includes a comprehensive Study Guide, Google Earth Tutorials, Student Quizzes, Video Links, and much more
- FREE Instructor Materials include a comprehensive Instructor Manual, National Geographic Videos Online, Image Bank, and PowerPoint Slides
Student Edition Hardcover1549506Examine the ways in which human behavior transforms the earth's surface in response to changing social, cultural, political, and environmental needs with this college-level program for your Advanced Placement classroom. Learn More$89.95
Due Date Pending
Order now and we'll deliver when available.