U.S History (1865–Present) & Constitutional Foundations
Dive into fascinating events and themes in United States history through an engaging and in-depth experience!
This comprehensive one-year program explores United States history and the human experience, encouraging civic participation.
- covers the Civil War to the present, including the conflict with terrorism
- an extensive introduction to pre-Civil War history provides a deep foundation and context for students to comprehend historic themes and patterns
- in-depth coverage of the origins, principles, and provisions of the Constitution
- introduces the physical and early human geography of the United States and its impact on the American experience
- introduces and provides practice in key social studies skills and practices
- geographic reasoning
- gathering, interpreting, and using evidence
- chronological reasoning
- comparison and contextualization
- civic participation
- unit Essential Questions and chapter Compelling Questions focus reading and research on large topics and themes of American history and the Constitution
- activities presented in the sidebar prompt students to engage with concepts, events, and primary sources
- letters, political cartoons, editorials, and other primary source documents appear in each chapter
- chapter and unit reviews include Key Terms by Theme, Stimulus-Based Questions, Multiple-Choice Questions, Document-Based Questions, and Thematic Essays
- enhanced coverage of landmark cases of the United States Supreme Court
- the four-color design provides strong text and image structure, improves usability, and enhances meaning
- the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution are provided in the Appendix
Annotated Teacher Edition
An extensive Annotated Teacher Edition includes a reproduction of the complete Student Edition surrounded by support materials, including comprehensive lesson plans for introducing, teaching, and extending lessons.
Teacher Resource Binder with ExamView®
Reproducible primary and secondary source documents with activities provide practice in key social studies skills. Many paired document activities are included to help students meet new expectations on end-of-course exams. Essay writing practice worksheets will prepare students for Document-Based Questions and paired document essay prompts. Chapter and unit assessments in both print and ExamView® formats are also provided.
Student Edition Hardcover1488006A concise and comprehensive American history and government text covering the Civil War through the present day. Learn More$59.95
Student Edition Online (6-year license)14880D6-year online access; 25 student minimum; purchase order required Learn More
Minimum Purchase of 25 Required$59.95School PO Only
Annotated Teacher Edition (Hardcover and Digital 6-year License)09390Wraparound Teacher Edition (hardcover and online) includes extensive support materials, engaging activities, and comprehensive lesson plans with differentiated instruction. Online access includes digital text, PowerPoint Learn More$119.95
National Teacher Support Package: Annotated Teacher Edition & Teacher Resources15497Includes all components of the Wraparound Teacher Edition (ATE) and Teacher Resource Binder in both print and digital formats, and ExamView Learn More$169.95
Florida Teacher Support Package: Annotated Teacher Edition & FL Teacher Resource13161Includes all components of the Wraparound Teacher Edition (ATE) and Teacher Resource Binder (Correlated to Florida Standards) in both print and digital formats, plusExamView Learn More$169.95