Latin Is Fun
Create excitement with this interactive program specifically designed to meet your students' foreign language graduation requirements!
Amusing lessons help beginning and advancing students learn communicative skills in Latin and attain an acceptable level of proficiency in four basic skills—listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- each lesson presents topically- and thematically-related vocabulary through sets of drawings that convey the meaning of new words and expressions
- vocabulary and grammatical structures are reinforced by brief, fun narratives
- includes a short, entertaining narrative or playlet featuring new structural elements and vocabulary
- simple explanations in the text demonstrate the relationship between Latin and English; exercises in derivations help improve students' command of both languages
- extensive use of cognates and near-cognates underscores the relationship between English and Latin language and culture
- chapters are summarized by illustrated conversations, personalized dialogue activities, and other practice
Suggestions for lesson presentation, supplementary explanatory notes, optional oral exercises, and a complete Answer Key are included.