Lesson Plan Cards
Title-specific Lesson Plan Cards include everything you need at your fingertips.
A. Title details, including the text structure and standards covered.
B. A synopsis of the title.
C. An introduction to the genre/text type.
D. Vocabulary and Word Work—Tiers One, Two, and Three vocabulary practice in context.
E. English Language Learners—title-specific vocabulary support strategies for ELLs.
F. Understanding the Text—three levels of text-based comprehension activities that support close reading strategies.
G. Phonics and Word Recognition—application of relevant reading foundational skills.
H. Lesson Cards for fiction titles feature fluency activities that deepen reading comprehension. Lesson Cards for informational titles provide discussion points to explore text structures and features.
I. Reading Literature or Reading Informational Text—suggestions to guide students in applying critical reading or informational reading strategies.
J. Writing—text-based writing to support the reading/writing connection.
Guided Reading Teacher Resource
- Assessment support including running records and behavioral observation guidelines for each guided reading level.
- History and principles of guided reading.
- Management ideas and record-keeping reproducibles.
- Support for using the Lesson Plan Cards.
- English Language Learner support.