Advanced Placement®—Social Studies
Achieve AP® Success with AMSCO® Coursebooks
Developed by leading experts, AMSCO coursebooks meet the challenge of AP courses by offering the right level of subject depth, instruction, and practice. Each coursebook is designed to prepare students for AP success with the rigor of a college-level course.
- Precise alignment to the latest Course and Exam Description (CED).
- Text written to make AP content accessible to all students.
- Scaffolded instruction.
- High-quality primary sources.
- Extensive practice with AP-style questions, including three full-length exams.
The streamlined content allows teachers to focus on what really matters—ensuring students learn to think critically, evaluate sources, and develop coherent arguments.
Support for College Board® Course Audit Approval
Perfection Learning/AMSCO has partnered with Rice University, publisher of OpenStax textbooks, to provide the most in-depth resources and support for your classroom instruction and course audit approval.
Each College Board-approved OpenStax text has been aligned with an AP social studies coursebook from Perfection Learning/AMSCO. All paired OpenStax texts are:
- Available at no additional charge.
- Listed on the College Board example textbook lists.
- Pre-approved for AP Course Audit submission.
NEW Interactive Editions
You want all your students engaged in learning. We use the latest instructional technology and design to ensure accessibility and help you create a dynamic, inclusive classroom.
100% aligned to College Board CEDs.
AMSCO coursebooks are used in over 1/3 of all U.S. high schools offering AP courses.
Developed with leading experts.
Accessibility—Reach All AP Students
- Scaffolded Learning Tasks
- Streamlined Content
- Adaptive Reading Support
- Streamlined Note-Taking
Develop College Readiness Skills
Students gain the critical “thinking” and “doing” skills required in rigorous college courses through extended practice in:
- Evaluating authors’ perspectives.
- Analyzing primary and secondary sources.
- Citing textual evidence to support arguments.
- Developing cohesive written arguments.
Chapter & Unit AP Test Practice
All of the items in chapter and unit tests have been meticulously constructed to model the format and quality of those on the exam. Each question is tied to a specific learning objective, and teachers have access to scoring rubrics and model answers.
Each text also includes a complete practice exam mirroring the directions, timing, question formats, and content scope of the actual AP exam. Each test item is correlated to a specific learning objective from the exam framework, allowing teachers to quickly diagnose individual and class performance.
Auto scoring, auto grading, rubrics. All of the interactive editions include hundreds of practice test items from topic, chapter, unit, and summative assessments. Document-Based Questions, long essay, and short-answer questions include rubrics at point of use for easy grading.
Extensive Teacher Support
- Teacher Resource—best-choice answers are identified for each multiple-choice question. Rubrics and suggested good responses are provided for all free-response questions.
- Customizable PowerPoints
- Correlation to the College Board CED
- Two additional full-length practice tests with rationales
Coming for Back to School
- Test item bank Coming for Back to School
Teacher materials are sold only to educators in conjunction with a classroom set purchase of print or digital student editions. Purchase order required and teacher materials are shipped to school or district address only. Contact Customer Experience to order teacher materials.
Pricing & Purchase
- Student edition pricing options.
- Take Home Order Form available for schools to send home with students.
- Student edition pricing options.
- Multi-year subscription benefits.
- Contact Customer Experience to order teacher materials.
Advanced Placement® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these products.