Support for College Board® Course Audit Approval
Perfection Learning/AMSCO is an OpenStax ally. We join OpenStax in the mission to improve access to affordable educational materials by providing additional resources for OpenStax books. OpenStax is committed to providing free, peer-reviewed textbook content and offering multiple options for instructors who need additional resources for their course.
This alliance allows us to provide the most in-depth resources and support for your classroom instruction and course audit approval. Find this alliance on the College Board Example Textbook Lists identified as OpenStax.
Each College Board-approved OpenStax text has been aligned with an AP® social studies coursebook from Perfection Learning/AMSCO. All paired OpenStax texts are:
- Available at no additional charge.
- Listed on the College Board example textbook lists.
- Pre-approved for AP Course Audit submission.
Our best-selling, classroom-proven AP coursebooks paired with the high-quality, peer-reviewed college textbooks from OpenStax are available for these courses:
- AP U.S. History
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Psychology
If your course is not listed above, we can support you with pairings to other College Board pre-approved, open-source textbooks:
- AP Human Geography, published by the University of North Georgia
- AP World History: Modern, published by the OER Project
For each paired text, your classroom will get:
- Digital access to the OpenStax student text.
- A Pacing Guide with suggestions for using the OpenStax or other OER text with your AMSCO coursebook.
To purchase a print edition of an OpenStax text, please visit openstax.org
Pacing Guides & Paired Text
- Direct links to content in the OpenStax or other OER text enhance and expand coverage of topics in the AMSCO coursebook.
- Recommended day-by-day pacing builds on College Board CED guidelines and is available by topic and by day in the school year.
|AP European History||Paired Text I Pacing Guide|
|AP Human Geography||Paired Text I Pacing Guide|
|AP Macroeconomics||Paired Text I Pacing Guide|
|AP Microeconomics||Paired Text I Pacing Guide|
|AP Psychology||Paired Text I Pacing Guide|
|AP U.S. Government & Politics||Paired Text I Pacing Guide—Semester
|AP U.S. History||Paired Text I Pacing Guide|
|AP World History: Modern||Paired Text I Pacing Guide|
Advanced Placement® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these products.