Product Features & Resources
Achieve AP® Success with AMSCO®!
Make college-level content accessible to all your students without sacrificing the rigor required for success.
- Cover all the essential content and prepare students for the AP® Exam through a perfect blend of literary works, written by both classic and contemporary writers.
- Engage students with 9 anchor reading texts to foster rereading and literary analysis, as well as multiple secondary texts for instruction and analysis.
- Develop student competence through scaffolded activities in close reading, critical analysis, and interpretation of imaginative literature.
- Strengthen creative and analytical skills with features on the writer’s craft and the critic’s craft.
- Evaluate final preparation with a complete summative test that mirrors the directions, timing, question formats, and content scope of the actual AP® Exam.
- Questions based on the AP® Exam formats
—more than 250 multiple-choice questions
—8 poetry analysis prompts
—9 prose fiction analysis prompts
—9 literary argument prompts
—1 complete practice test modeled on the AP® Exam
- Features to develop skills tested on the AP® Exam
—Close Reading activities help develop literary analysis skills.
—Creating on Your Own activities give students an opportunity to use what they have just learned in their own creative writing.
—Reflect on the Essential Question features review key learning objectives.
—Apply What You Have Learned activities give students opportunities to use the literary analysis skills they have developed.
The Student Edition and Teacher Resource have been carefully aligned to the AP® course description and exam framework and continuously updated following course and exam revisions by the College Board. Correlations are included in the Teacher Resource.
AP® English Literature and Composition