Reimagine your classroom, where all students can...
Engage in Close Reading
Break down comprehension barriers—ALL students have the power to
- adapt the reading selection based on their own abilities and learning differences with built-in IEP and 504 accommodations support.
- translate and listen to the text in their native language—dozens of languages available.
- enhance word knowledge through a picture dictionary, add line focus (1, 3, or 5 lines of text), or identify parts of speech and syllables.
- customize font type, size, and background colors for readability.
Move students from skimming and scanning to extracting meaning with Annotation and Note Tools.
Students can quickly
- identify, label, and comment on textual evidence.
- collect evidence automatically in a digital notebook.
- transfer ideas and evidence into discussion and writing tasks.
Encourage Dynamic and Exclusive Discussions
- share ideas and perspectives based on meaningful text-based questions.
- participate in dynamic discussion both online and in small groups.
- track and grade participation in real time.
"Focus On" a Targeted Learning Objective
Each lesson contains a set of Focus On activities to build understanding and proficiency with a standards-based skill or strategy.
- organize and reference textual evidence.
- collaborate through an online discussion.
- synthesize evidence, ideas, and analyses in a writing task.
Check Understanding Through Multiple Assessment Options
A range of built-in assessments and teacher support tools saves time and reduces the complexities of grading.
- Formative Check Quizzes provide feedback on student progress.
- Project-Based Assessments include writing, research, debate, and presentations.
- Connect to Testing prepares students for state and national tests.
- Practice Performance Tasks synthesize unit texts and themes.
- Summative and End-of-Course Assessments measure mastery of reading comprehension and literary analysis.
Real-Time Classroom Management: In-Class and Remote Learning
- Select and share individual, group, and whole class responses.
- Track progress using embedded formative assessments.
- Move seamlessly between online and in-person discussions.
- Access all student work and teacher support at point of use.
Pinpoint Learning Gaps
Save time with a range of built-in assessment and reporting tools.
- Access automated and rubric-driven scoring for activities, discussions, and formative
assessment—ALL within the lesson.
- Tailor instructional planning, intervention, and enrichment based on actionable data from
standards-based proficiency dashboards, reports, and item analysis.
- Improve writing, speaking, and listening skills through customizable writing rubrics,
discussion expectations, and automated participation tracking.
- Customize reporting with drop-down menus and drill-down capabilities; export data to a
wide range of learning platforms.