- A Literary Lens identifies one aspect of each selection for students to analyze, discuss, and write about.
- Each anthology has a grade-specific Special Focus, encouraging students to "dig deeper" to draw meaning from the text through reading and writing activities.
—Middle School: A Multicultural Reader: Collection One | Making Cultural Connections
—Ninth Grade: Pathways: Literature for Readers and Writers | Writing Workshops
—Tenth Grade: Reading the World | Research
—Eleventh Grade: American Voices | Author's Style
—Twelfth Grade: British Literature | Critical Reading & Analysis
—High School: A Multicultural Reader: Collection Two | Making Cultural Connections
- Create context using introductory essays, visuals, and concept vocabulary.
- Read the passage using the Literary Lens to focus attention with comprehension support from Immersive Reader*.
- Identify and annotate textual evidence with support from the Interactive Text* to organize evidence and notes.
- Facilitate dynamic, inclusive discussions of evidence, ideas, and points of view in large and small groups; support online conversations with the Collaboration Wall*; and extend discussions with the Great Books Discussion Guides.
- Synthesize textual evidence, ideas, and perspectives in the writing activities.
- Check progress using built-in assessments, auto-grade items*, and online reporting*.
*Available with Interactive Edition.
- Access any selection from the anthology series regardless of grade.
- Select the units, selections, or learning objectives you need.
- Create custom assignments for the whole class, small groups, or individual students.