Develop Critical Readers & Writers
Students learn to
- apply close reading skills.
- compare and contrast texts.
- engage in active discourse.
- learn and apply specific critical thinking, analytical, and evaluation skills.
- respond and share ideas through writing, speaking, and listening activities.
Active Discourse & Literacy
Students develop communication and literacy skills as they
- collaborate to uncover meanings.
- gain new perspectives.
- respond through discussion, writing, and a range of media.
Discussion guides assist teachers in providing students with opportunities to share ideas and evidence with the whole class, a small group, or in peer conversations.