Reading lessons provide
- focused instruction to introduce standards-based skills.
- reading passages paired with guided practice questions.
- partnered exercises and independent activities to extend skill practice.
Writing Workshop lessons provide
- step-by-step instruction to help students learn the essentials of writing in response to source texts.
- thorough coverage of the key types of writing, including Writing Arguments and Textual Analysis, that appear on the exam.
- Write It Out features encourage students to craft written responses using critical thinking skills.
Three full-length comprehensive practice tests closely model the structure and content of the Regents exam.
- The diagnostic Tryout Test familiarizes students with the style and content of the exam and allows teachers to pinpoint skill areas where learners need additional instruction.
- A Progress Test follows the lessons, enabling teachers to gauge student improvement on understanding and using the key standards and skills necessary for the exam.
- The Mastery Test provides an overview of the standards and skills students have mastered for success on the Regents Exam.
New York English Language Arts