Teacher Package (Print)
Includes a print Teacher Edition (with digital access to Practice Masters), desk strips, and wall posters.
Teacher Package (Print & Digital)
Includes a print Teacher Edition, desk strips, wall posters, and an online Teacher Edition with six-year access to Practice Masters, a Professional Development Resource, Interactive Whiteboard Software, and Font Software.
Available in both English and Spanish.
- A consistent three-step instructional sequence—Present, Practice, and Proceed.
- Detailed formation directions for the uppercase and lowercase forms of the letter for the teacher to read and model.
- Letter-specific suggestions for children having difficulty, including suggestions for kinesthetic learners (grades K and 1).
- Letter-specific evaluation statements.
- Activities to reinforce and extend the grade-appropriate language arts and reading focus of the lesson.
- Digital access to English and Spanish Practice Masters as well as the Professional Development Teacher Resource, Benson Font Software, and Benson Interactive Whiteboard Software is provided with the Teacher Edition.
Lesson Planning & Instructional Support
Each lesson plan in the Teacher Wraparound Edition provides
- standards correlations, language arts and reading focus, literacy connections, and vocabulary.
- opportunities to engage students in each lesson step through questioning strategies, kinesthetic activities, and whole class discussions.
- a Literacy Connection feature that provides support for incorporating reading and language arts skills.
- Time Out to Evaluate prompts to help students evaluate formation and legibility and select their best work.
- Formation Focus with direct access to digital letter animations and practice through QR codes.
- Lesson-specific reproducibles provide added practice in letter formation while simultaneously integrating reading and language arts concepts.
- Reproducible letter forms offer kinesthetic reinforcement (grades K and 1).
- Available digitally in the Teacher Packages.
Opportunities to evaluate student progress are incorporated throughout the program including
- student-self assessment at the end of each lesson with Time Out to Evaluate teaching support.
- Time to Review unit assessments.
- Time to Show Off cumulative assessment.
- digital self-assessment using the Whiteboard Software and letter formation practice using the embedded QR codes.
Desk Strips & Wall Posters
- Removeable, self-adhesive desk strips provide letter formation models and formation guidelines for every student. 35 strips per roll.
- Sectional wall posters feature uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers with formation guides.
- Available for slant manuscript, vertical manuscript, and cursive.
- Desk strips and wall posters are included in both Teacher Packages and are also available separately. Teacher Packages for grades K, 1, and 2 include manuscript desk strips and wall posters. Teacher Packages for grades 2T (Transition), 3, 4, and 5 include cursive desk strips and wall posters.