All core instructional content is delivered through short and focused text, video, animations, and simulations.
- Over 900 activities, videos, and simulations deliver instruction in class or allow students to review on their own.
- Animations proceed step-by-step through each key idea and concept.
- Hundreds of animations illustrate physics in action, allowing anticipation, replaying, and discussion.
- Summary videos encapsulate the key ideas of each topic.
- Professional audio accompanies all instruction providing support for all learners.
- Pause at any time to record data points or rerun using different starting values.
- Simulations encourage collaborative learning and include
—driving a car through a 3D city to experiment with motion in two dimensions
—dragging a test charge into a field and observing the direction and magnitude of force
—recreating part of the Curies’ famous experiment on alpha particles
—analyzing a substance using a mass spectrometer simulation
—exploring advanced topics such as rotational motion and angular momentum
Quickchecks develop problem-solving ability and build confidence.
- Embedded instructional videos provide real-time support.
- Step-by-step support builds self-efficacy and problem-solving skills.
- Generate new problems to ensure mastery.
- Performance is automatically recorded in teacher gradebook.
Sample problems provide step-by-step support for students solving key physics problems.
- Master educators explain solutions.
- Each step rolls out at one at a time.
Quizboards at the end of each chapter provide formative review.
- Hints provide instructional support.
- Immediate feedback for students.
- Bring to life concepts that can't be demonstrated in most classrooms.
- Complete insructions and simulations allows for electronic or print submission.
- Students can complete virtual labs in class or as homework.
- Grade virtual labs easily and effectively within the digital grade book.
Physical Labs and Demonstrations
Provide ample hands-on time for both students and instructors.
Lesson plans for each chapter contain
- Essential Questions and Enduring Understandings for the chapter and lesson
- explanations of all vocabulary terms
- STEM skills
- a step-by-step walkthrough of the lessons with one-click access to all instructional material
- pre-built assignments
- cross-curricular support for language arts and math standards